Rockit™ Apple and Peanut Rose Tart
- 3 Rockit™ Apples
- 1 bowl of salt water
- Few spoonful of Pics Peanut Butter
- 2 TBSP of Anchor Butter
- 1 Ready made pastry puff sheet
- 2 TBSP Kiwi fruits jam (optional)
- Icing sugar for decoration
- Cut apple into half. Use the mini scoop to scoop the apple seed out in the middle. Slice the apple into thin slices approximately 2.0mm and then cut into half again. Soak the slices into salt water.
- Microwave these apple slices in the salty water for 1-2 minutes to soften it. This is for apple to bend it easier later. Set aside.
- Sprinkle some flour on the work surface. Use the rolling pin to roll on the ready made pastry sheet to thinner. Use knife cut into 5 stripes.
- Apply some kiwi fruits jam and peanut butter on top of the pastry sheet.
- Line up the apple slices into 1 row, overlap each apple slices on top of the previous one. Apply some more kiwi jam to stick it properly.
- Fold the bottom of the pastry sheet to wrap around the bottom of apple slices. Make sure there is no gap or loose.
- Roll the pastry from one end into roses shape. Place carefully into muffin pan.
Dipped Rockit™ Apple Slices
- 2 Rockit™ Apples, each cut into 6 equal slices, and seeds carefully removed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¾ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup nut butter
- ½ cup of each variety of desired topping (such as chopped nuts, coconut, granola, chopped chocolate, etc.)
- Add lemon juice to a large bowl and carefully toss in apple slices. Dry on paper towel.
- In a small bowl, add the chopped chocolate and microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave again for 30 seconds, stir until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, add your favorite nut butter (microwave for 20 seconds if needed to soften)
- Add each topping to separate small bowls.
- Working one slice at a time, dip in either the melted chocolate and nut butter and then carefully sprinkle with topping. Place on platter or plate, and refrigerate briefly to allow chocolate and nut butter to harden. Enjoy!
Rockit™ Apple Pizza with Walnut Parmesan Pesto, Caramelized Onions, and Goat Cheese
- 1 store bought whole wheat crust
- Walnut pesto (recipe follows)
- Caramelized onions (recipe follows)
- 1 Rockit™ Apple, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- ¼ grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped golden raisins
To make the Walnut Pesto:
- Add the walnuts, basil, Parmesan cheese, and salt to a food processor.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil, and process until a thick paste forms.
To make the Caramelized Onions:
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the onions.
- Cook the onions, stirring frequently until they are soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Turn down the heat to low and allow the onions to cook slowly over low heat, stirring only a few times until they are a deep golden color, about 30 minutes.
- Add the chopped raisins, stir, and continue to cook for about 10 more minutes until they are sweet and sticky.
To assemble the Apple Pizzas:
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees and lightly grease a large cookie sheet/sheet pan.
- Roll or stretch dough out to fit onto the pan, about 12 inches round.
- Spread prepared Walnut Pesto on the dough, and then top with the Caramelized Onions.
- Next add the apple sliced to the pizza, and dollop with goat’s cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust begins to crisp and the apples are golden.
- Sprinkle raisins over the warm pizza, and serve!